Saturday, July 27, 2013

Do The Offspring of Vietnam Vets Suffer the Same Agent Orange Effects?

There is no way to definitively know, I suppose, if children of Vietnam Vets are affected until more research is done. Mainly because everyone assimilates things differently into their body. We all may be human beings, but our bodies work differently because of genetics to properly or improperly assimilate different things as we eat and drink and use products on our skin. But is it all in the genes? Or has our environment both before birth and after contributed?

Recently I was asked a very interesting question by my doctor after she viewed xrays of my knees and my elbows and we had discussed the problems I have been having. She asked me, "Did your father serve in the Vietnam War?" 

I looked at her for a moment & thought to myself, "Well yes, but what does that have to do with my problems?" 

And then it hit me: I have the exact same issues with my hands, my elbows, my knees and my feet that my father does. Degenerative erosion. 

I told her, "Yes." 

Then I sat there for a moment while she wrote some notes down and digested this latest epiphany. I have been so focused on this movement for anti-GMO and GMO labeling on all foods and hopefully someday eradicating GMOs from our food supply, that it never occurred to me to also look at the fact that I am the offspring of a Vietnam War veteran who was exposed heavily to Agent Orange. The cocktail of poison made by the same company who now controls much of our food supply and created GMO, Monsanto.

Have researchers, scientists, doctors, etc... even bothered to do studies on these children throughout their growth and development? All I've been able to find when I have been researching this is articles on children with birth defects after birth. I have yet to find any research done on long-term studies of all children born from Vietnam Vets during their growth and development.

When I was born, my eyesight developed very poorly. They didn't really notice this until right around kindergarten when I actually needed to see a chalkboard at school. Technically, I'm practically blind. I cannot see anything without glasses or contacts, and if I were to drive or walk without either of those I would seriously hurt myself or someone else. Now, my mother seriously believes that this is a direct result of an infection she had during birth, but the more professionals I talk to when I also referenced my joint degeneration feel that coupled with those things I could seriously be having the inherited results of Agent Orange exposure that my father had.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about...look it up. Wikipedia has a good representation of the subject.

"Agent Orange is the combination of the code names for Herbicide Orange (HO) and Agent LNX, one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. military (made by Monsanto) as part of its chemical warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. Vietnam estimates 400,000 people were killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects as a result of its use. The Red Cross of Vietnam estimates that up to 1 million people are disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange. The United States government has dismissed these figures as unreliable and unrealistically high."

But we know they are that high, as other governments and organizations concur, but the US refuses to publicly acknowledge the harm they've caused to their own soldiers. And now, there are those of us who truly believe they have additionally harmed their offspring as well. 

Couple that with the current Monsanto poison in our food (GMO and GMO corn pesticide IN the corn products you eat and use) I'd say you have a lovely toxic cocktail for those with these same issues. 

Anyone else find they have chronic issues that run nowhere in their family, and are offspring of Vietnam Vets? Let me know. I plan to embark on a research article on this subject.

Thanks!

HR

No comments:

Post a Comment