Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Preparing for The Juicing Challenge!

Well, we have juiced lots of fruits and veggies...and my husband even juiced some horseradish...yes, I said horseradish.

They're not kidding when they say you can juice practically everything! It's crazy!

But, I don't recommend juicing horseradish root. Seriously. We both about burned our eyes out, not to mention our sinuses! That stuff is potent, especially when grinding up and juicing!

So, we are getting an idea of what we will put our money into, and what we will avoid for juicing. Sorry, but radishes and beets are a big no for the hubby...and chard is a big NO for me. Ick...and no matter how we tried it, it was not happening.

So that leaves a ton of other stuff!

And let me tell you, carrots are great. But, go easy on those...everything starts coming out orange after juicing a lot of those! I swear I was actually sweating orange today, among other things! But, never disregard the benefits of juicing carrots. A good carrot and apple juice is fantastic!

I highly recommend a lemon, strawberry and peach juice too! YUM!

We're going to experiment with different stuff for the next couple of days, and when I return from meetings and other no-bathroom-near endeavors: THEN the 15 day challenge begins! (and trust me, for the first week you REALLY want to be near a bathroom at all times!)

Mark those calendars...I start my 15-day Juicing Challenge on Saturday, August 31st! If successful, and I have not killed or maimed anyone, then I will extend it to 30 days. If Joe Cross can do it for 60 days and come out looking and feeling fantastic, then I can certainly do it for 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment