Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1: 15 Day Juicing Challenge.

Well, I started out the morning with warm lemon water to jump start my digestive system - then we juiced some carrot and apples, sat back and drank our breakfast.

So far, so good...

Then about a half hour later it was time for more juice...this time we got creative. That's when the funny stuff started.

So we threw in some dandelion leaves, broccoli stalk, celery, tomatoes, carrots, apple and grapes. All was good until the dandelion leaves went in.

Note to self: NEVER juice dandelion leaves. I don't care if they are juicable and beneficial...they are awful.

But we drank the juice...and have regretted it ever since. I swear there are drug properties in those leaves. I was lightheaded and ill for a good two hours, and then queasy in the tummy. After awhile it went away, so we commenced juicing again - this time with actual recipes. 

The recent one is an orange, mango, lime, cucumber and ginger dream! Soooo good!

I started getting tired pretty early in the afternoon...very common, so it's no surprise.

We've learned two things today: hunger is fast and hard, so juice more frequently...and man, this is gonna be rough!

Tuesday I visit my doc to make sure all is going well, and she stressed the possibility that I might have to add in fresh fruit and vegetables in their whole form as well, since I do have health issues, because she wants to make sure I have no emergency issues...test results on Tuesday will determine if I stick it out for the 15 days on juice only. (I'm confident I'll be just fine ;-) )

I did find out though, that many people supplement their juicing with eating fresh whole fruit and veggies WITHOUT cooking or adding to ingredients to them to accomplish their cleanse. Thats it though - no more foods other than that. So healthy! Plus, you get your protein in whole form too from avocados, a little broccoli, kale, etc...Seems like a great way to cover all bases! I was also advised to add a little ( a little! ) organic, non-GMO coconut oil to my carrot juices...helps the liver out when processing, apparently.

So that's day 1!!! Onward and upward...juice on!

No comments:

Post a Comment